Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sleeplessness




After a few nights of half-sleep, I thought perhaps my tiredness would have built up enough for me to get the long, deep sleep that I crave so much. But every time I close my eyes I feel its inevitable that that's as far as I'll get. Sure enough, here I am, awake as can be. 

Even when I do sleep, my dreams are strenuous. I can barely tell that I'm asleep, they are so vivid. And I always "wake up" at least 3 times in all of them, finally happy that I am rid of the anxiety of the dream only to find out that I have not yet escaped it.  

I just want to sleep soundly and dream happily. But then I probably won't want to wake up. 

*sigh*

Life goes on. 

1 comment:

HannahJane said...

ugh i totally know how you feel... well, minus the strenuous dreams part. but i just got up after sleeping all of about an hour last night. and i thought for sure my exhaustion had built up enough that i would pass out. nope. insomnia is really lovely...