Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Flames... on the side of my face....

After days of lying on the couch in a daze, I feel like I can actually think again. Maybe not straight. Maybe a little sideways. But at least its thinking, right?
I had a hell of a weekend. Mostly crappy. I was sick for most of it.

I helped Alex finish cleaning the first apartment I ever lived in out of my parents house. That was a trip. Seeing the place empty and (almost) how it looked when we moved in brought back strange memories. I was so naive back then. I thought I could take on the world, no problem. I didn't even know what the world was. I still don't. So much has changed. If those walls could talk! They would have so many crazy stories to tell. I've changed so much since I first saw that empty apartment. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that first month I lived in it and slap myself in the face. Tell myself to wise up! Ah, but wouldn't time travel be nice. No, its best left alone. If I've learned anything since then its that a bump in the road is not the end of the world. It might even seem like a mountain, but there's always hope in getting over it. I just have to keep being optimistic.

It marked the end of an era.
But unfortunately the cleaning of the apartment overexerted my poor sick body, and I woke up early Monday morning unable to hold down the contents of my stomach. After about an hour of passing out in the bathroom and making a mess of my bed and the bathroom floor, I moved to the couch with a bucket and forced poor Jordan to call 911 to make sure that the cocktail of medications I had taken before bed hadn't backfired on me. In a surprisingly short response time paramedics were by my side telling me I was just overreacting and my cold was just getting worse. I still don't believe them. But, you know, better safe than sorry. Needless to say, I've been stuck on the couch ever since, watching movie after movie, wishing that I had the energy to do something else, and having the worst cabin fever ever. Today it was The Big Lebowski, Alias, Harry Potter, Clue, and currently Catch Me If You Can. But I'm almost better! (I hope, last time I said this it did not turn out to my advantage.)

I'm so behind on school. HA! Silly me thinking that I could take 16 credit hours and be able to function as a normal human being. As soon as I get better I'm gonna be a busy busy girl.

Well I suppose that's all I have to say.


"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

2 comments:

HannahJane said...

i hope you feel better :(

Mary Conklin said...

1. I feel so bad for you! I want it to be all better!

2. Your blog looks amazing. I want you to tell me how to make mine cool looking and clean.

Youre so creative! Love you!